Monday, December 14, 2009

The Summer of Ben

A long time in the making, the Summer of Ben has begun. It is a time for reflection, a time to relax, to escape the rush, fuss and pressure of everyday life. Few get the opportunity to grab the life remote, press the pause button and just live.

But what does that mean? What does it say about someone when they quit their job, begin to dismantle and assess their life? For me, it is about unburdening, about simplifying the way I live, what I focus on, what affects me – essentially, to not get too cheesy or spiritual as I try to be neither, what defines me.

This is a time to enjoy the simpler things. To not let the clock rule, be at the beck and call of the email or sms, to do what I want, when I want and for as long as I want. Yes, I guess it is a selfish time in a way – to get away from the grinding, crushing, weighty pressure of modern day – and focus on me.

The upside of this decision is that there will be more posts on Schreiben – yes, that’s right my good friends, I have not forgotten you. I hope to post on a regular basis and reconnect with all of you out there.

So, apologies for the lack of posts; it is time for that to change, starting now.

I’ll be in touch soon – have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment